Seeking Loddon’s young achievers
Published on 27 November 2015
With nominations for the Victorian Young Achiever Awards set to close on the 11 December, Loddon Shire Mayor Neil Beattie is calling on individuals and service groups to nominate the worthy among our ranks.
Cr Beattie said nominating a young high achiever could help launch a career, consolidate an interest and build the young person’s confidence, which in the short, medium and long term benefited the communities in which we live.
“We have young people among us who are excelling in a broad range of fields ranging from academic and sporting pursuits through to community service,” Cr Beattie said.
“Volunteers are the backbone of country towns and it’s so important to acknowledge, reward and encourage our next generation of community leaders.”
“If you know someone up to 29 years of age who is making their mark or a valuable community contribution in one of the 11 categories, why not show your appreciation by nominating them.”
Nominations are being sought for:
- The Coffee Club Arts and Fashion Award
- AustralianSuper Career Kick Start Award
- Victoria University Research Impact Award
- First National Real Estate Leadership Award
- The Victorian Government Group Achievement in the Community Award
- Bartercard Online Achievement Award
- The Victorian Government Small Business Award
- Saward Dawson Community Service and Social Impact Award
- Bart ‘N’ Print Health and Wellbeing Award
- The University of Melbourne Science and Technology Award
- CFA Young Volunteer Excellence Award
The Victorian Young Achiever Awards will culminate with a gala presentation dinner on Friday 6 May next year.
Category winners will each receive a $1,000 Bartercard account plus $1,000 cash and a trophy.
One of the eleven category winners will be chosen as the Victorian Young Achiever of the Year and will win an additional $2,000 Jetstar flight voucher and a state trophy.
Nominations can be made online at www.awardsaustralia.com, alternatively contact the awards office on 9720 1638 or email email@example.com for further information.