Dry Seasonal Conditions Support

Drought, a recurring feature of the Australian landscape, is one of the biggest challenges farmers face and has a significant impact on agricultural output, productivity and on farm incomes.  The Australian and Victorian Governments provide a number of assistance measures to support farm families, farm businesses and rural communities to prepare for, manage through and recover from drought and other hardship.  These measures cover a range of activities including concessional loans, taxation measures, enhanced social support and local community infrastructure projects.

The Agriculture Victoria website provides information to farmers on technical, financial and personal support to help reduce the impact of dry seasons experienced within our region.

National Drought Map

The national drought map is an online tool that brings together information on drought conditions and associated support measures.  Information such as rainfall patterns, soil moisture, agricultural types and employment by industries can be sourced for specific locations.


Farmers can use FarmHub to connect with services and support during difficult times, such as drought.

Victorian Government Dry Seasonal Conditions Support

The Victorian Government provides a range of assistance to support farming families, communities and small businesses to manage the impact of dry seasonal conditions as well as technical information, tools and resources.

For more information call 136 186 or visit the Agriculture Victoria website

Farm Household Allowance

The farm household allowance is a payment for farming families in financial hardship.

To be eligible for the allowance you must:

  • be a farmer or partner of a farmer
  • meet the income and assets test limits
  • meet mutual obligation requirements

For further information, visit the Services Australia website

Don’t self-assess – call the Farmer Assistance Hotline 132 316 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm) or see a rural financial counsellor to assess your eligibility today. This is a free service. Alternatively you can all 1300 045 747 or visit Rural Financial Counselling Service website.