Online interactive data maps
Interactive data sets include:
- Populations of Interest – people with disability, unpaid carers, health condition distribution
- Australian Census – longitudinal dataset
- Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA) 2016
Allows users to understand, compare and analyse statistical data for informed decision making about all sorts of places from Cities and Suburbs to Regional Areas or Local Government Areas.
- Geographic distribution of people with disability
- Geographic distribution of people with chronic health conditions
- Geographic distribution of people aged 50 and over who work across a range of industries
- COVID – 19 At risk population geographic distribution
- General Community Profile
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Profile
- Time Series Profile
- Working Population Profile
The ABS collects data from a range of sources including surveys, censuses and administrative collections. This data is used to create microdata files, which contain detailed information about individuals, businesses and other groups. Within a microdata file, each record or row of the dataset represents information relating to one person, household or business.
Access to microdata is managed to protect privacy and confidentiality. Users need to apply and be approved by the ABS before accessing microdata.