DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION -Australian Masters Water Ski Tournament
Published on 20 January 2018
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Loddon Shire Council, as the declared waterway manager for the Loddon River at Bridgewater between Flour Mill Weir and Sweeney’s Lane, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic):
For the purpose of conducting the 2018 Australian Masters Water Ski Tournament on the waters of the Loddon River between the Calder Highway Bridge and the boat ramp at Sweeney’s Lane from 26 to 28 January 2018 between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm, participants are exempt from:
Skiers and vessels participating in the event only:
1. Clause 62.2 – 5 knot speed restriction within waters not specified as Exclusive Use and Special Purpose between Flour Mill and Sweeneys Lane;
2. Clause 62.6 – Exclusive Use and Special Purpose Area ‘Slalom’;
3. Clause 62.7 – Exclusive Use and Special Purpose Area ‘Ski’;
During Trick Events only:
4. Regulation 96(6) for master to carry a PFD for all persons;
5. Regulation 100(3) – PFD must be worn at all times by person on a vessel underway, of 4.8 metres or less in length;
6. Regulation 103 – person being towed must wear a PFD;
7. Regulation 104(1) – master must ensure all occupants of vessel are wearing a PFD;
8. Regulation 104(2) – master of vessel must not tow a person unless the person is wearing a PFD;
Participating vessels when undertaking rescue duties only:
9. Clause 2(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water; and
10. Clause 2(c) – 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel.
• Participating skiers and vessels are exempt from items 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 when performing Trick Events only.
• Participating vessels are exempt from items 9 and 10 when undertaking rescue responsibilities to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
• This declaration applies to registered skiers and vessels of the 2018 Australian Masters Water Ski Tournament provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the Event Application and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF LODDON SHIRE COUNCIL