Victorian Government Personal Hardship Assistance Program
The Personal Hardship Assistance Program provides assistance to people experiencing financial hardship in meeting their relief needs because of a single house fire or a natural disaster related emergency such as bushfire, flood, severe storm or earthquake.
If you have any queries regarding relief and personal hardship assistance program, please contact
Phone Vic Emergency: 1800 226 226
Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) is a lump sum payment for people in eligible local government areas (LGAs), to help with major damage to properties and assets or who have been seriously injured due to the Victorian Floods in October 2022.
If you’re eligible you’ll get:
$1000 per adult
$400 for each child younger than 16.
Closes 16 June 2023
Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)
Income support payments to employees, primary producers and sole traders who can demonstrate they have experienced a loss of income as a direct result of the floods in Victoria in October 2022.
- were 16 or older at the time of the floods.
- are an Australian resident or hold an eligible visa
- work or live in an affected Local Government Area (LGA)
- lost income as a direct result of the floods.
Closes 28 May 2023
Recovery Following natural disasters (checklist for personal and business)
Primary Producer Flood Relief Program
The following support packages are available for flood affected farmers:
- Primary Producer Recovery Grants: Up to $75,000 grants to cover the cost of recovery and get businesses up and running again. Note: This replaces the $10,000 Primary Producer Flood Clean-Up, Relief Grants announced on 19 October. Producers that have received a Primary Producer Recovery Clean-Up Relief Grant of $10,000 can now apply for up to a further $65,000 under the Primary Producer Recovery Grant, bringing the total to $75,000.
- Rural Landholder Grants: Up to $25,000 grants to cover the costs of disaster impacts for small-scale producers.
- Primary Producer Concessional Loans: Up to $250,000 to restore or replace damaged equipment and infrastructure, or to cover the short-term business expenses.
- Primary Producer Transport Subsidies: Up to $15,000 to support the transport of emergency fodder or stock drinking water, and the movement of livestock.
For more information or to apply: https://agriculture.vic.gov.au/farm-management/emergency-management/floods
Closes 4pm Sunday 30 April 2023
Business and Community Sport Flood Recovery Grants
Business and Community Sport Flood Recovery Grants support businesses, not-for-profit and community sport and active recreation organisations directly affected by the Victorian floods that commenced in October 2022. Applicants can apply for up to $50,000. Funds can be used to cover expenses resulting from significant direct damage to an applicant’s property, assets, stock or equipment. Full details and eligibility criteria will be included in the grant application guidelines when the program opens.
Victorian Government Business Relief Service
As part of the Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Program, one-on-one support is available from a local business relief adviser to guide business owners through the available Commonwealth, state and local supports. They can also help you manage insurance and landlord issues, assess impacts and form strategies for recovery. Business relief advisers will be available via telephone and on the ground.
To access the Business Relief Service, register online https://business.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/business-relief-service or call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 and they will connect you with dedicated relief advice and support.