Council continues to monitor flooding throughout the Shire. For the latest information on Council services that have been impacted, relief/recovery center's and support available, click on the link below:
Click here for more information
Published on 03 November 2018
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Loddon Shire Council, as the declared waterway manager for the Loddon River at Bridgewater between Flour Mill Weir and Sweeneys Lane, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of conducting the 2018 Tournament Water Ski Victoria Junior Development Ski Clinic on the waters of the Loddon River between the Calder Highway Bridge and the boat ramp at Sweeneys Lane, from 9 to 12 November 2018 between the hours of 7:30am and 5:00pm, persons and vessels participating in these events are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
1. Clause 2(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water
2. Clause 2(c) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel
Waterway Rules made under the Marine Safety Act 2010
3. Clause 62.2 of Schedule 62 – 5 knot speed restriction within waters not specified as Exclusive Use and Special Purpose Areas between Flour Mill Weir and Sweeneys Lane
4. Clause 62.7(d) of Schedule 62 – Exclusive Use and Special Purpose Area – Water-Skiing Area operation times
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
• Masters of participating vessels are only exempt from items 1 and 2 when undertaking a retrieval or rescue operation to retrieve a fallen skier or person in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
• Masters of participating vessels are only exempt from items 3-4 for the duration of the events.
• All participants involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event and vessels must have all prescribed safety equipment.
• Should vessels or persons not involved in the events enter the exclusion zone, the events must be stopped until the unauthorised vessel or person has moved outside of the zone.
• These exemptions apply between 9 and 12 November 2018 between the hours of 7:30am and 5:00pm, to the persons and vessels registered to take part in the Tournament Water Ski Victoria Junior Development Ski Clinic on the Loddon River, within the exclusion zone waters between the Calder Highway Bridge and the boat ramp at Sweeneys Lane, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF LODDON SHIRE COUNCIL