Accessible Parking permits
Victoria has transitioned to the new Accessible Parking Permit (APP) Scheme and online administration system.
From 12 April 2021, our Council transitioned to the new APP Scheme. Our residents and organisations who require a new permit, or need to renew or replace a permit, will need to apply with the new application process.
The new APP Scheme has streamlined the application process, making it easier, simpler and consistent across the state. The new permit will better align with the COAG 2010 Australian Disability Parking Permit Scheme (ADPS).
Improvements to the Scheme include:
• introduction of temporary permits for 6, 12 or 24 months,
• increased permit length, from 3 years to 5 years for individuals
• introduction of a permanent disability classification, so reassessments are not required for some people’s future permit renewals,
• a new single and secure state-wide permit design that will reduce the misuse of permits,
• the inclusion of occupational therapists as assessors, in addition to GPs, and
• Double Time (green permits) and permits for organisations will continue under the new scheme.
How do you apply for or renew your permits?
- Start your application online at https://www.accessibleparking.vic.gov.au/permits/
- You’ll receive an application reference number via SMS.
- Take your reference number to your doctor or occupational therapist. Your doctor or occupational therapist will complete an online assessment and submit your application
- Your application will be assessed by the Loddon Shire Council and will provide information to the Department of Transport regarding your permit history
- If your application is successful, the Department of Transport will send your permit in the mail. If your application is unsuccessful you will receive a letter from the Department of Transport explaining why your application was declined.
If you wish to dispute the eligibility criteria of the scheme or scheme operation you can request an explanation by emailing email@example.com Further information regarding the new scheme and its operation is available via the Accessible Parking Victoria webpage at www.accessibleparking.vic.gov.au
Replacing an existing lost, stolen or damaged permit.
- Start your replacement application online at https://www.accessibleparking.vic.gov.au/permits/
- You’ll receive a replacement application reference number via SMS and email
- Your application will be reviewed by Accessible Parking Victoria
- The Loddon Shire Council will provide information to the Department of Transport regarding your permit history
- If your application is successful, you will be able to pick the permit up from the Loddon Shire Council
Can I or my GP use old application forms to apply for a permit?
No, any old applications received will not be processed and will be returned to your doctor to fill out a new application.
As part of the disability parking scheme update, new assessment questions were developed in consultation with medical practitioners. These new questions allow doctors and occupational therapists to assess mobility issues more accurately. Some questions on old forms are no longer valid and don't meet the new requirements.
How long does it take to get a permit?
Once your online application is approved, your permit will arrive in the mail in approximately 7 to 10 business days. These times may vary depending on Australia Post demand.
Can I pick up the permit from the council instead of having it posted to me directly?
This option will take approximately 5 days longer than having the permit posted directly to you.
You can choose to pick your permit up from the Loddon Shire Council when filling out your application. However this option will result in the below process:
The permit application will be processed by the Department of Transport and if successful the permit created The permit will then be sent by post to the Loddon Shire Council taking 7 to 10 business days to arrive depending on Australia Post demand
The permit will then go through mail processing at the Loddon Shire Council.
You will receive an SMS notification when your permit is at council and is ready for collection.
You will then need to attend the Councils customer service in Wedderburn to pick up your permit.
I didn't get a permit, can I dispute the decision?
Whether or not you are issued with a permit is decided by an eligibility criteria and the information in your application. If you were not issued with a permit, it is because the eligibility criteria indicates you don't qualify for one.
If you wish to dispute the eligibility criteria of the scheme or how the scheme is operated you can request an explanation by contacting VicRoads at firstname.lastname@example.org
I didn't get the type of permit I wanted. Can I dispute the decision?
Permits are assessed against eligibility criteria and the information in your application. You will be issued with the permit the eligibility criteria indicates suits your needs. Further information regarding the eligibility criteria is available at https://www.accessibleparking.vic.gov.au/permits/
If you wish to dispute the eligibility criteria of the scheme or scheme operation you can request an explanation by emailing email@example.com
A permit is automatically cancelled after the expiry date and may be cancelled at any time for wilful misuse or breach of the “Conditions of Use”.
Permits are recognised elsewhere in Australia. Parking concessions may be different in other States and Territories and you should check the conditions applying to the Disabled Person’s Parking Scheme in the State or Territory you intend to visit.
If you require assistance through the application process, please contact our customer support team on 54941201.