Loddon Shire has a variety of halls and rooms available for hire to the community. The below information is for casual hire use for a range of activities including meetings, classes, commercial functions, special events, parties and other private functions. All facilities can be hired on a casual hire one off basis or ongoing.
Where the facility will be used to run an event, it will require an event management plan to be completed and submitted. Please contact Council for more information.
Click on the links for more information about each facility and hire costs:
Boort Memorial and RSL Hall
Bridgewater on Loddon Memorial Hall
Inglewood Community Sports Centre
Inglewood Town Hall Hub
Pyramid Hill Memorial Hall
Wedderburn Community Centre
Wedderburn Mechanics and Literacy Institute Hall
Important information COVID19
As COVID restrictions continue to change and affect facility hire, Council is proactive in ensuring the health and safety of our community. When hiring a facility please ensure
- you are aware of current restrictions
- complete casual hire form and provide relevant copies of insurance cover if applicable or complete a user agreement for ongoing use
Any person(s) over the age of 18 wishing to hire any of the facilities listed can contact the booking officer for each facility directly by clicking on the facility name it will direct you to contact details.
Conditions of hire
The applicant must read in full the ‘Conditions of Hire'
- The hire fee will be paid at least 5 days in advance (this varies with some facilities)
- In exchange for payment (if required), you will be allowed to use the property floor space, toilets, kitchen and normal property furnishings during the period when the hire agreement applies.
- You must keep the property clean and tidy, and in good repair and condition and leave it that way at the end of each time of hiring.
- You must cover and reimburse Council for any loses or damage incurred as a result of using the facility, including any claim made against Council by you, anyone connected with you, or anyone who attends the property as a result of your use of it.
- You must not allow anything to be done, which might be a nuisance to, or damage the property of the Council or the owners or occupiers of any other property in the neighbourhood, or which might adversely affect the insurance of the property.
- When you leave the property all rubbish must be appropriately disposed of and everything used must be cleaned and returned to its original place of storage.
- Council may designate a particular part of the property, which is the only part you are entitled to use throughout the term of the hire arrangement.
- Either party may cancel this Hire Agreement by giving 48 hours written notice. Council will return funds paid for hire of the facility if within this timeframe.
- Council will be able to cover your activity for public liability insurance if a casual charge of $19.00 (inc. GST) is paid as part of your hire agreement. If you or your Club/Organisation already has public liability insurance Council requires a “Certificate of Currency” from your Insurance Company before use of the property is allowed.
- This hire agreement under no circumstances is to be considered as a lease or any other act and that this Hire Agreement confers no statutory rights of security of tenure conferred by relevant legislation.
- The hirer shall bear the excess as provided under the Councils Community Liability Pack Policy for Hirers of Council owned and controlled facilities.
Under no circumstances is the hirer to access the facility for purposes other than the approved use.
The use of alcohol at functions requires a Liquor License, please make enquiries with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.
Disorderly behaviour or damage to the property shall not be permitted in or to any part of the building or persons attending or near the facility.
No subletting without contacting Council.
The maximum capacity for each facility can be viewed on their contact page. Some facilities have several rooms available for hire.