Declaration of boating activity exemption 2017 Coolabah Turf Australian Masters
Published on 21 January 2017
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
I, Daniel Lloyd, Environment & Public Space Coordinator, of Loddon Shire Council, waterway manager for the Loddon River (at Bridgewater between Flour Mill Weir and Sweeney’s Lane), declare under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that persons and vessels involved in the 2017 Coolabah Turf Australian Masters Water ski Tournament, are exempt from:
The requirements of clauses of the Notice under section 15(2) of the Marine Act 1988, specifically clauses:
1. 62.4 (prohibition of bathing),
2. 62.6 and 62.7 (operating rules for exclusive use & special purpose areas), and
3. Clauses 62.2 as it relates to the area of water between the exclusive use and special purpose areas and
4. Exemption from regulations 103 (requirement for person being towed by vessel to wear PFD)
5. 104(2) (requirement that master of recreational vessel must not tow a person unless person is wearing a PFD). To apply to trick skiers only.
This declaration applies to registered participants of the 2017 Coolabah Turf Australian Masters Water ski Tournament to be held from the 26 to 28 January 2017 between the hours of 7.30 am and 7.30 pm on the waters of the Loddon River between the Calder Highway Bridge and extending to a point 115 metres downstream of Sweeney’s Lane, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the Event Application and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF LODDON SHIRE COUNCIL