Flood information

General Relief and recovery information

Details of relief and recovery arrangements, and advice on safely recovering from flood, are available at


Anyone who has been affected by the flooding should call the Victorian Emergency Recovery Information Line on 1300 799 232 (Mon-Fri).

Victoria Farm recovery after flood

Information to help farmers to recover from floods can be found on http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/agriculture/emergencies/recovery

Be careful around trees – the ground is soaked and soft so they are more likely to fall and trees have come down on roads and properties.

Assess damage to your property, animals, crops, infrastructure including dams, irrigation, drainage, fencing and access. Prioritise areas for immediate action, and list those requiring attention in the future. Agriculture Victoria is keen to get information regarding any losses and requests farmers to report any crop or stock loss due to flooding on 136 186.  

Agriculture Victoria is currently contacting flood affected farmers across Victoria by telephone to assess the damage to properties and agricultural assets and to provide information and advice on farm recovery. 

If you wish to speak to a staff member about your particular flood recovery requirements, or if you have any animal health related enquiries or concerns for your livestock, contact Agricultural Victoria’s Customer Service Centre 136 186 or your local vet.

Pets after flood

If your pets are injured, seek veterinary treatment immediately.

If your pets are lost, notify your local council, microchip registry, neighbours and nearby animal shelters.

You can also check social media sources (often in emergencies a site is set up to list lost and found animals).

Family violence

There is an increased risk of escalating family violence after emergencies. If you need help there are services you can call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

  • Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre is a confidential support and information service for women and children living with family violence or to anyone who knows a person living with family violence.

Phone: 1800 015 188 (24 hours free call within Victoria)

  • The Men's Referral Service is an anonymous and confidential telephone service provided for men by men.

Phone: (03) 9428 2899 or 1800 065 973 (free call within Victoria) Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm

  • For more information please visit The Lookout website at www.thelookout.org.au
  • Call the Police on Triple Zero (000) if you are, or someone you know is, in immediate danger.