Local Law No. 3 - Municipal Places (2006)
Municipal Places Local Law - Amendment No. 4 - 2006
The principal objectives of this local law are:
- to allow and protect the quiet enjoyment by people of municipal places within the municipal district; and
- to enable people in the municipal district to carry out their day to day activities and to enjoy their recreational pursuits without having their peace and enjoyment interfered with or destroyed; and
- to recognise and respond to community expectations relating to the quality of life they expect and require and are capable of influencing; and
- to control and prevent behaviour which is a nuisance, or which may be detrimental to health and safety or which affects the enjoyment of recreational or other facilities; and
- to enable the community and visitors and their families who use municipal places that are available to the public to be confident in their choice of the use of those facilities or places; and
- to protect Council and community assets and facilities on or in municipal places; and
- in a way which is consistent with, and in furtherance of, the objectives specified in paragraphs (a) to (f) of this clause to prohibit, regulate and control-
- behaviour in municipal places which is boisterous or harmful or intimidating;
- behaviour in municipal places which is offensive, dangerous or threatening or which, for other reasons, is inappropriate in a municipal place;
- the places where alcohol may not be consumed;
- smoking in specified circumstances and places; and
- to provide generally for the peace, order and good government of the municipal district; and
- to provide for the administration of the council's powers and functions.
A copy of this Local Law is available for download and may be viewed at the Wedderburn Council office.
Any Acts and/or Regulations which are referenced by this Local Law can be found on the Australasian Legal Information Institute website (see related links)
Was this page useful?
Type the characters you see in the picture below (Required)
Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.