Garbage and recycle service
Your garbage and recycling services are subject to the following rules:
- township service is compulsory
- rural service is optional
- you must have a waste and a recycle service
- to order a service, please contact the customer service team on telephone (03) 5494 1200.
- household waste (red lid) - 120 litre bin
- recycling (yellow lid) - 240 litre bin
- commercial waste (blue lid) - 240 litre bin.
To ensure that your bins are collected:
- put your bins out the night before collection day
- place the correct waste material in each of the appropriate bins and avoid contamination.
What can go in my bins?(PDF 47 KB) Listen
Bins remain the property of Loddon Shire Council and must remain at the property if you leave or sell the property.
If you have recently moved into a property and it has no bins, please contact the customer service team on (03) 5494 1200
New home - first time request
When your home is ready to occupy, contact the customer service team on telephone (03) 5494 1200 to order a service. Delivery of the new bins can take up to 3 weeks.
When will my bin be emptied?
Your waste bin will be collected weekly, and your recycling bin will be collected fortnightly.
Check the Bin collection timetable page for information on which day of the week the kerbside service is in your area.
Alternately, see Loddon Mallee Waste Info app for information about an app available for your Android or Apple phone which can display a personalised bin collection calendar, including which week your recycling bin is emptied.
Collections scheduled on some public holidays, such as Christmas and New Year's Day, will have an alternate collection day announced through the public notices.
What do I do if my bin is stolen or damaged?
To report a damaged bin, call the customer service team on telephone (03) 5494 1200.
If your bin has been stolen, you will need to complete a Statutory Declaration Form and return it to Council so a new bin can be arranged.
Statutory Declarations need to be signed by one of the following:
- Justice of the Peace
- Police Officer
- Court Registrar
- Bank Manager
- Medical Practitioner
What do I do if my bin has not been emptied?
Call the customer service team on telephone (03) 5494 1200 and they will report to the contractor.
Garbage bin do's
Please ensure that:
- you place your bin facing the road, wheels and handles away from the road
- in rural areas place your bin 1.5 – 2 metres from the road seal
- if there is more than one bin in an area, the bins are placed approximately 300 mm apart
- you place your bin where it can be easily seen
- you place your bin out the evening prior to collection.
Garbage bin don'ts
Please make sure that:
- bins are not overflowing
- bins do not weigh more than 75 kilograms
- you do not place hot ashes in your bin
- you do not place sharp objects in your bin without wrapping.
Was this page useful?
Type the characters you see in the picture below (Required)
Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.