Neighbourhood houses and resource centres
Loddon Shire has several community centres within the municipality located at Boort, East Loddon, Inglewood, Pyramid Hill and Wedderburn.
Community centres come under various names; neighbourhood house, community house, community resource centres and information centres. These centres provide services to the community that seek to nurture and support people to develop and maintain good health and wellbeing. The centres also provide a wide variety of Community Development Projects which support personal growth, individuality and group participation, catering for all ages.
The community centres in Loddon Shire are a central hub in the community that:
- facilitate self-help and mutual support amongst all interested members of our community
- actively reduce social isolation within our community
- provide assistance to persons/families with economic/special needs to access essential daily requirements
- develop and provide a resource and information centre
- develop recreational and social activities
- provide opportunities for the development of basic skills for living and return to work
- promote the advancement of our community
- make premises available to external organisations, groups and/or individuals to further develop and support the purposes of the association.
Some provide services for other agencies or Government departments such as;
- Vic Roads
- health services
- gynasium facilities.
Was this page useful?
Type the characters you see in the picture below (Required)
Fields marked as 'Required' must be completed.